Lumix Laser Therapeutic Effects
Laser therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to create therapeutic effects. Cell function is improved, resulting in improved healing time, pain reduction, increased circulation, and decreased swelling. Laser therapy offers safe and non-invasive treatment for muscles, nerves, bones, skin, and nails.
Laser energy increases circulation, bringing oxygen and nutrients to reduce inflammation, swelling, muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain. Function is restored as the injured area returns to normal.
Laser therapy can facilitate the following:
- Accelerated cell reproduction and growth.
- Improved tissue healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development (these are like the building blocks) in damaged tissue. This can help in the reduction of recovery time.
- Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes; greater laser induces oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation. It may help stimulate nerve function. If you have slow recovery or nerve dysfunction in damaged tissue, it can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Laser also increases the amplitude of action potentials: to optimize muscle action.
How many treatments are needed?
Typical treatments consist of one session every two to three days, for two to four weeks, depending on the condition. Improvement may be felt after the first treatment, or it may take several treatments before results are noticeable.
Laser therapy has been widely used by doctors in Europe and Asia since the 1970s. The FDA first cleared lasers for use in the United States in 2002. Since then, laser therapy continues to grow in popularity. Medical scientists and clinicians have demonstrated the effectiveness of laser therapy in hundreds of scientific studies.
What does the research show?
Injuries heal faster, tissues are strengthened, blood flow improves, swelling decreases, and many pain conditions experience relief. Are there risks or side effects? Healthcare providers in the United States have used laser therapy for decades with no side effects reported. An excellent alternative to medications and injections, laser therapy is non- invasive, non-addictive, and essentially painless.
Can LUMIX Therapy be used with other treatments?
Absolutely! It is often used with other treatments, including massage, chiropractic care and physical therapy, to accelerate healing and reduce pain. Wounds, especially in diabetic patients, respond dramatically well to the healing effects of LUMIX Therapy.
- Safe & Highly Effective
- Drug Free
- back pain
- carpal tunnel
- shin splints
- sports injuries
- knee pain
- sprains & strains
10:00am - 8:00pm
10:00am - 8:00pm
10:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday